Thursday, February 9, 2012

If life were simple

If life were simple I could me home, I could play all day with Asher and enjoy his smile.  If life were simple by boys would be happy, Espen would not be sitting next to me at 1:50am with mysterious leg cramps that always show up this late.  If life were simple, I would not have had to work at 9pm because I did not want to miss time with my little one.  If life was simple....

Today was the first day I started work since Asher was born.  I new it was coming, I had planned this job.  I just would rather not have to work.  It seems to be the only thing that is easy, it comes easy, and I do enjoy it, just not at this time in my life.

  Payton had a melt down with his report card.  It is like he does not know his effort equals poor grades.  I work so hard to make improvements in his life and I also feel I earned his report card. 

Espen is struggling, yesterday he wanted to change his name first to Asher, than to Tom.  Of course his imaginary friend is back, Joe.  I enjoy hearing how Joe has all the bells and whistles at his house.  Mostly concerned about his anxiety, tummy aches, and leg pains.  I hope this will pass soon.

Working tonight got me thinking about how I just do not have many pictures of my kids.  It is about paying attention more to those moments that are so easily missed.   I know I have a few months before I get busy so I vow to start paying more attention and trying to have more moments with my kids.

On Sunday with the beautiful weather, we went on a walk to find hearts in nature.  I wanted my boys to pay attention and have some fun with a scavenger hunt.  If only it were that simple.  They fought over who had the better scooter the whole way, but I had a few moments.  I will post photos tomorrow, I am going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment