Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday blues

Sundays are hard days.  I struggle with making them better, like Saturdays.  It just never seems to work.  Everyone knows that we are going to church which will ensue an argument from Payton and then Espen will kick in.  Payton has learned to just go get dressed but will still try to deal.  "If I do this, or that can I..."  Some days it is just easier to let in after so many years I am just tired of the fight.  I am so glad for sunny days ti makes it so much nicer for the boys to go out and play.  I can spend quiet time with Asher or while he naps, do some baking or crafting.  Today I tried to make Mom's fudge, she always made it with little effort and I made fudge sauce instead.  I really just wanted fudge, but fudge sauce will have to do.  I thought I boiled it long enough but apparently not. 
Asher on the other hand is doing great.  I am enjoying my time with him.  I noticed yesterday that he has a great mullet.  It went from rock n roll faux hawk to a mullet.  It may be time to trim.

 He has a great baby chin, gut not much of a chub yet.  I am glad for that.
 You can see how long in the back his hair is.  This is also the first time he picked up his giraffe and pulled it to his mouth.  He loves books and looks at them as we read and turn the pages. 

Espen likes to make a house for him by standing up books all around him on his pillow and setting toys and flash cards on the floor in front of him.  Today before church I asked Espen to watch the baby and keep him happy while I finished my school assignment.  He was so excited to help, set up the house, and read him a book.  I started him on learning to read Dick and Jane series.  So all I hear is "Look, look, Dick, See Jane, Help Help.."  He is doing good at learning to read.

Over all today was a good one.  I just have those normal struggles with my boys that seem to be the most on Sundays.  I know it will be okay and I keep pushing on.

Tricia

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had this blog! I'm so glad you do, now i can keep up with you guys. I have two blogs too! A crafty one and a family one.

    Hang in there on the Sundays. Soon it will be your favorite day of the week!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your posting again. I have been waiting to hear more form you guys.

    ReplyDelete